Information for students of the UMUC class DATA 610 Decision Management Systems
Be sure to access your account via a supported browser (Microsoft IE or Safari on Mac). DecisionsFirst Modeler uses the Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin in IE and Safari.
- Please make sure the Silverlight plug-in is up to date, see http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.
- Be sure Plugins are Enabled for your browser.
- You can test your browser/silverlight by loading this page https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/new-controls/demo/
1. Shared Class Account
- You have been setup with a shared account for the class by your instructor.
- Append decisions and objects you make or upload with your initials. All students in the section are in the same database. Renaming will make it easier to find your work. You can also use a tag in the description.
- Close tabs in a reasonable manner as you work. This is a shared class database and a very large number of open tabs can cause issues.
- Ignore any reference the Admin panel and the API key in the tutorial, this is for the lead user (your instructor or TA). An API Key has been generated for you.
2. Printing and Word, Reader
The Print All function generates a Word .xml file. (Word online does not read .xml files.)
Read more in the support article on Using Word.
You can also view your decision model and decision details using the Reader on any HTML5 device. This is view only. You can print to PDF from the viewer.
3. Decision Modeling White Papers
All the Decision Management Solutions white papers (Decision Modeling, Framing Analytics, etc) are posted to your UMUC class. You do not need to register to download for each one. If you don't find them please contact your instructor. You are welcome to download any white paper or other material from the website, this is only intended to save you time.
Our support hours are 8:00 am PDT - 6:00 pm Pacific business days. Please plan ahead for assignments. Support is not available on weekends without prior arrangement.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .