Information for Big Bang Data Science Institute Students
Be sure to access your account via a supported browser with an up-to-date Silverlight plug-in.
An installed version is now available for download. See DecisionsFirst Modeler Downloadable Application for more information.
1. Shared Class Account
- You have been setup with a shared account for the class by your instructor.
- Use a supported browser (IE or Safari).
- Append decisions and objects you make or upload with your initials. All students in the section are in the same database. Renaming will make it easier to find your work. You can also use a tag in the description.
- Close tabs in a reasonable manner as you work. This is a shared class database and a very large number of open tabs can cause issues.
- Ignore any reference the Admin panel and the API key in the tutorial, this is for the lead user (your instructor or TA). An API Key has been generated for you.
2. Printing and Word, Reader
The Print All function generates a Word .xml file. (Word online does not read .xml files.)
Read more in the support article on Using Word.
You can also view your decision model and decision details using the Reader on any HTML5 device. This is view only. You can print to PDF from the viewer.
3. Decision Modeling White Papers
You are welcome to download any white paper or other material from the website.
Our support hours are 8:00 am PDT - 6:00 pm PDT business days. Please plan ahead for assignments.